Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October: whoops Katie was right, I stopped blogging in October

I've fallen into a routine here, I wake up at  6:30 during the week so I can eat, shower and drop Ari off before chinese. After class, Idalia and I drive around running errands for Ari's 3rd birthday party (it's Frozen themed and they may or may not be trying to dress me up as Elsa..) it's going to be fancy and I'm actually really excited for it. after class, we go home to be treated my Estella and whatever food she made for lunch that day. It varies between vegetables, rice, beans, and salads. I normally do my homework, watch some tv (I started and finished Baby Daddy and last night I started American Horror Story (Katie don't try watching it, you'll freak)) and sometimes I go for walks. I found a little cliff area where I can see the ocean from on a clear day. It's my new happy place; I can see everything and I feel like I'm on the top of the world.

Ari and I have fun playing together everyday. It's weird taking care of someone everyday. Being the youngest, I never knew what I was missing out on, and as tiring as it may be keeping 2 girls under the age of 3 happy, I'm having a blast. We have played pirates,
we danced at my homecoming away from home,
she tries on my things,
even things that aren't clothes,
and we have fun playing with her toys.
I love that we eat typical dinners like rice and beans with fried plantains
and guisquil filled with cheese and tortillas with peanut butter (okay so maybe the peanut butter part is my american twist on this meal).
I still go running at least 3 times a week (the other nights it rains so much I would be carried away by the rivers in the streets). I like finding high spots at night so I can see all the lights and the stars at night.
On the weekends, we normally go grocery shopping, go to church and every once in a while we hit up the mall. I love the sights, the city, the mountains and the ocean. Everything about this place is amazing. I made a habit of stopping by a fruit stand to get coconut water and the meat for 50 cents. 
I miss my friends and family but I'm so glad I decided to come here and explore parts of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment