Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 16th: The Chinese class

Yesterday was a busy busy day. I had my first Chinese lesson at the Language Academy and it was terrible. The demonstration I had gotten a few days prior was phenomenal but when I got to class today, it was a whole new teacher. He looked to be 23 years old, he badly spoke english, spoke no spanish and spoke mandarin very fast. His teaching method was crap, all he did was ask me questions that I didn't know and when I told him I had no idea what he was saying, he moved on instead of explaining them to me. He then spent the next 45 minutes teaching me 'grammar' all he did was say (in mandarin) "I.....am going to.....eat the apple" and he used actions and then he did something with a skit with him being two people that I understood but didn't quite catch what he was trying to teach me with it. Then he made me repeat what ever he said like 87 times until he deemed it good enough and every time I didn't know a word, he would write the Chinese character on the board along with the pin yin without telling me the english word. Needless to say, after the lesson I went to the front desk and told them that I signed up for classes with the other lady and I was no at all fond of the way this guy taught. They said they would try to get me back to lessons with the first girl from the demonstration. Idalia and Nine said they would help me out if they couldn't get my girl teacher back. They agreed that I should get a refund because this was not what I signed up for.
   On the way home, Idalia and I went to a walmart so i could get a shnazzy burn phone to call people in El Salvador while I'm here without paying an arm and a leg for every minute. Then we went to the Pharmacy because not only is Ari sick, so am I and so is Ximena. Thankfully we went to the pharmacy next to La Neveria so I could indulge in my little guilty pleasure. I got triple berry and mango. Big surprise. I also got Idalia a cone with berry ice-cream. It was an enjoyable ride back.
   At home I started doing some homework but then decided to take a break which I never should have done. I watched 1 episode of friends which turned into a short marathon of 14 episodes. If you have seen Friends, you would understand. I watched the last half of season 6 and the first half of season 7. I COULDN'T STOP MYSELF. The only break I had was for dinner which was my favorite. Fried tortilla strips and rice and beans.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment