Friday, September 5, 2014

September 5th: Afternoon-Night

Estelita walked Ariella and I to the park then she kept walking to the grocery store a few minutes away. Ari and I went down the slide and played on the monkey bars and walked around in the grass until we found a small plant that has many long leaves the close together when you touch them and we toughed ALL of them. We stayed there until Estella came back and we all walked home together. Once we got home, Estelita went straight to the kitchen to start preparing lunch (a salad and pasta pizza). I watched t.v. and played with Ari until it was time to eat. at lunch, Nines mom and I discussed more fruits and vegetables exchanging their names when we came across some that we din't know in the others language. For desert I had more zapote ice cream (I looked it up and it's called sapote in english and it's not in america but it should be because I love it).
Ari and Himena took naps while I busied myself on my computer for a while doing online school stuff (I was actually just on youtube the whole time...).
After a while I face timed my mom, tried to FaceTime my sister and friends and ended up snap chatting Maia. L.E. came home and Nine followed soon after. I face timed my mom and dad followed by Meg and another attempt with Abbie (she has no wifi at her house so it didn't work). I showed everyone Ari and Himena and the wonderful meal being prepared for me. It was nice to see familiar (pale) faces again. Once Meg and I hung up, I went into the kitchen to help Estelita finish cooking diner (which turned out splendid). Later I gave Nine and L.E. the set of matching he/she mugs with Minnesota facts on them as a 'Thank you from the bottom of my heart for agreeing to put up with me for the next 4 months, you have no idea what you got yourself into' gift along with some marmalade. 
Ari and Mena finished off the night riding around the house on their bikes (Mena had help from Nine) and playing house with Nine. After a while, I cranked out a few emails and hit the hay sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment