Friday, September 26, 2014

September 26th: Typical

I was graced with the ability to finally sleep in this morning. I didn't wake up until 8:30. I quickly drank my coffee and ate my toast with peanut butter, got dressed and hopped in the car to head off to Chinese class. Idalia never has class on fridays so she dropped me off at the front at 10 and I walked up the driveway and got to go straight to class. As always, I loved my lesson and my teacher and I had a lot of fun. We found out that both of us are vegetarians and she told me about a great Korean restaurant that sells vegetarian food. After class, I had to wait for 45 minutes until Idalia picked me up so I whipped out Divergent and started reading. I got to page 72 before Idalia came up and honked for me. We then went to the salon so she could get her hair cut and then we went home.
    I had told Estelita not to worry about making me luck because I had wanted to make myself a grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes and avocados. When we got home, I wasn't all that hungry so instead I did some homework and watched half of an episode of Friends while snacking on tortillas and peanut butter. At around 3pm I decided I was hungry enough to eat so I made my grilled sandwich and ate it as I finished Friends. The rest of the day was spent in the kitchen scavenging for food, doing homework (psychology is so interesting and crazy to learn about but wow it is not smart to try to take in 3 lessons in one day), helping out with Ari and face timing my mom. Time flew by and before I knew it Nine and Luis Edwardo were home. I got up to go get ready to go on a run but I got distracted in the kitchen (as always) and started talking to Estelita. We talked about her english skills, my spanish skills, her daughters (11 and 17) and their interests. Her 17 year old has learned French, English and Mandarin Chinese just like me so I thought that was cool. Her 11 year old wants to learn how to dance and cook so Estelita is going to put her in dance classes in November and Teach her how to cook on the weekends when she is home. I also found out that Estelita lives 2 hours away and has to take 3 busses to get here every week. No wonder she stays all week and only goes home on the weekends. It was a really nice conversation and I'm so thankful to be staying in a home with such an amazing person.  
    Tomorrow I might go on a run  but then again I might not, we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I just showed your blog to G and G. They should be reading it from now on.....
    I LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete