Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22nd: Happy Birthday Tom Felton

I love Chinese. It is such a great language and it's so easy to learn when you have an amazing teacher like mine. Since neither of us are from El Salvador, we both talked a lot about the way of the people here. Actually we just complained about the fact that neither of us can make round pupusas.. Anyways, she is so nice and I can wait to see how much I improve in the next few months.
   When my class was over, I had to wait an hour for Idalia to pick me up because she took Ari to the doctor and it took longer than expected. On the way home, we stopped at the pharmacy, and a road side stand to get some coconuts which I dug into the moment I stepped through the front door. I whipped out my laptop, opened up my school work page and promptly closed it to watch some friends. During my mini marathon, Estela brought me lunch (vegetables with cheese) which I devoured. I took a shower this morning and this afternoon because living here is like living in a sauna and I decided "hey lets wear some jeans today" which was stupid. I have no idea how all the girls that live here do it. Women are looked at like objects here so they can't dress in any sort of revealing manner without men trying to take advantage of them. It is a sick sick place down here and most women wear jeans every day. I cannot wait for the day when girl everywhere can wear whatever they want without other people getting the impression that they are "asking for it".
   So Friends is getting crazy intense and I just started season 9 if anyone was wondering. I think I'm going to start reading Divergent tomorrow so that should be fun. Tonight after dinner, I plan on going for a run. I haven't ran in over a week. First I was sick, then I was actually doing school, then it was pouring all the time. No more excuses for me though, I am going to run run run tonight and find that magical place where I can see everything and I feel like I'm invincible.



P.S. It's Tom Felton's (he actor who plays Draco Malfoy) birthday today so it was bound to be a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment