Monday, September 29, 2014

September 28th: The Party

    Today started out dull (me doing school stuff) but turned interesting when Nines brother came over with his girlfriends and her sisters. They stayed for lunch (Pollo Campero chicken, rice and celery) and O got some weird looks when I whipped out the peanut butter for my celery. They were really nice and we talked a lot about  lots of things. After lunch, they headed home and Ari, Nine, Luis and I got ready to go to a two year old birthday party.
    I know what you're thinking.

"A two year olds birthday party, wow that's boring" but holy poop, they go all out here. Thankfully I brought my camera because this was probably more well decorated and better planned than most people's 21th birthday. The theme was the Wild West and so upon arrival, all the little kids got sheriff badges. I immediately went to go check out the cake and what not in the back. It was so cute and fancy. 


They had piles of party favors and cute mini bottles of water for all the kids. 

After a half an hour, a clown showed up. I get the feeling he was more for adult entertainment because he was telling jokes that went straight over the kids' heads (and mine). 

He had a few games for the kids to play all planned out and the winners got prizes. 
They also had a bouncy house. Maybe it's just me but I thought the party was absolutly amazing and a bit much for a two year old. 

They served us a dinner of (they had waiters come out with trays of food) pizza for kids and burgers for adults. I didn't mind that it wasn't vegitarian because I had already filled myself on popcorn and candy from the center pieces.
After dinner, it was piñata time. The clown lowered it down from the ceiling and gave made sure all the kids got a chance to whack it before picking an older girl (around 7 years old) to break it open. 

The kids went ham and the floor was cleared of any trace of candy within a minute. 

Finally the time had come to sing happy birthday (suprisingly they sang it in English not spanish) and cut the cake. In the end I ate two pieces which was more than enough because it was extra sweet but boy oh boy was it good. After spending 3 1/2 hours at the party, we said our goodbyes, prayed Ari away from her friends (and the bouncy house) and left to go home where I spent the rest of the night studying Art (and watching 2 episodes of friends).













No comments:

Post a Comment