Thursday, September 4, 2014

September 4th, Nothing special

Technically, I woke up to Ariella screaming for her mom, but I went straight back to bed because I was insanely tired. At 10:15 I finally dragged myself out of bed in time to wish Ariella a good day at kindergarden and L.E a good day at work. Nine had already left far too early for me to wake up and say bye. Once they left, I went straight to the kitchen to ask Estelita for some coffee. She made me the best cup I have ever had (This was when I decided that it was going to be pretty great staying here as long as I could have this coffee whenever I please). The only people home were a crying Ximena (Hee-meh-na), Nine's mom and Estelita and soon the latter was asking me what I wanted for breakfast. I had no idea as to what I wanted so I said the first thing that came to my mind. Pancakes. She set off to the kitchen to start making them and soon she realized that they were out of milk so she ran off to the nearest grocery store (1 block away from the condos). 20 minutes later, I was sitting at the table devouring the best pancakes I had every had and downing more coffee with Nine's mom. We talked for a while about shoes, height, why she was glad I didn't bring heels, and my friends. Next thing I knew I was running to my room to grab the pictures of my friends that I had brought and I was showing her all of them and explaining who everyone was. I think that was all more for my sake than hers because I already miss everyone. When I had finished ranting on about my friends, we went to my new room and she started helping me unpack which took 3 hours due to me having 3 suitcases and the many distractions I encountered.  After rearranging everything in my closet 7 times, I decided it would work well enough and I went to go eat lunch. Estellita made Nine's (pronounced Knee-neh) mom and I a really good salad with corn and other vegetables and she put an alcoholic drink mixer on it as a topping? I really liked it? Then we started talking about different food which in evolved a lot of confusion because I don't know all the foods in spanish and Nine's mom doesn't know a lot in english which resulted in a lot of drawing things and playing a guessing game. Then they brought out a fruit called a 'zapote' which we don't have in the big MN and I still haven't looked up the english name for it. It. was. so. good. Then I told her I really liked it but I was full so she brought me out a homemade popsicle made of sapote, milk, vanilla extract and sugar. It was like heaven found its way into my mouth. Then I went and took a strongly needed shower. The water pressure was super soft and I couldn't figure out how to get the hot water working so it was a cold shower..
After I got dressed, Nine's mom left for somewhere, and Estelita and I tried feeding a crying Ximena. I also went on the internet machine to do inline school stuff but it said I had no classes so I had to email my teacher and he hasn't responded yet so I went on youtube and watched an array of video before settling on Grace Helbigs channel and in honor of Abbie, I decided to watch them all from start to finish. Right now I'm still watching the vintage grace stuff (She's house sitting and I'm on day 6). Estelita is cooking something that is filling the house with the most amazing mix of smells and I'm sitting on the couch in this weird room that is lacking a wall (It's not supposed to have a wall) so I'm basically in the same room as the out doors. Speaking of outside, all the doors (excluding the front door which is always locked) are open. All of them. Always. I'm in bed at the moment and my window that goes straight outside. No screen. No nothing. I can stick my hand right out of it. And it's open. Same for all the doors and this is normal? Ayye Ariella and Nine just came home.
Anyways, I had dinner and it was splendid. Estela made crêpes but they weren't made like crêpes because she only used flour, water and some green leaf that adds flavor that she WENT OUT SIDE INTO THE BACKYARD PICKED IT AND PUT IT IN THE FOOD. Dear mother, if you're reading this, I want a garden in our backyard because let me tell you, it would be handy dandy. Inside the crêpes was cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. Also I got one of whatever Estela made Nine. It was some vegetable that I don't know the name of (turns out its called pipiano) and she took out most of its innards and mixed them with cheese and tomatoes and them put them back in and topped it off with some cheese and that was the best thing I have ever had. Ever. Sorry Grandma. L.E. got home soon after and we all talked and then I went to my room to finish blogging and watch more Vintage Grace. Buenas Noches 

No comments:

Post a Comment