Saturday, September 6, 2014

September 6th: I got donuts

Apparently, Estelita doesn't work on the weekends which makes me really happy. She has a family of her own and kids and when ever she's here cooking for me, I wonder who is at her house cooking for her own kids. Anyways I woke up at a normal time (9:05 am) and got my own cup of coffee, made toast, and cut myself a slice of the cake bread stuff that goes oh so well with my coffee. I took shower which was very much needed. I decided that I need to shower everyday but wash my hair every other day because it's hot and humid here and I get sweaty and sticky fast. After 5 minutes in a freezing shower I discovered how to get the hot water working. Once I was dressed I brushed my teeth. Let me tell you something about the brushing of the teeth down here, I know I said this before but I cannot express how weird it is to not use the sink. You have to use the clean water from the water purifier thing and rinse your mouth and toothbrush with that. Also, when showering you can't let water in your mouth. The water is filled with bacteria and after 17 years of being pampered with good pure water, it would mess with my body and I would vomit. A lot.
We had plans to go to the mall today but those were cancelled when Nine remembered that her grandma was coming to visit us today. To my surprise, Nine is an amazing chef. She made pasta with vegetables and a salad. It sounds super ehh but they were absolutely amazing. Soon after, Luis came home and with him, Nines grandma! She was super nice and brought us donuts so that was a plus (I took a coconut one). Every one talked and it was fun. When they left, they took Nines mom with them to go out to dinner. I needed the day trying to learn more arabic and face timing my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment