Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7th: THE MALL

I woke up at 7:45 and started getting ready for the day. Today was the first day that I left the security of my safe neighborhood and ventured out into the city. It wasn't that bad, I mean there were plenty of peoe with guns and machetes but it's the same in the US but they don't concele them here. first we went to church, I was shocked to find that the pastor remembered me from 3 years ago when I came here the last time. I understood roughly every 5 concept they discussed and missed all the jokes but I laughed with them so I felt included in the fun. Back home, I normally don't go to church so I didn't really care to much that everything was over my head and I couldn't grasp much. After that, we drove partway up the volcanoe (yes there's a volcanoe here, no I don't know if it's active) to eat dinner at an amazing restraunt that served pizza. They had a zip line (that I didn't go on) and a crazy rope bridge (that I never want to go on). once we finished eating, it was off to the mall. Fun fact: El Salvador has a stARBUCKS!! I didn't get any because I had just eaten a whole pizza but it was nice to find another piece of home. I got new tennis shoes which was a bad idea as they are crazy expensive here because there imported. Next I bought a book that I forgot the name (I think it's 'Por Eso Rompimos') I'm still not sure what it's about. The point of the trip was for me to get those things and due to my cheape nature, I have to force myself to run and read so I don't waste money. Back at home, Estela returned and she made us ramen noodles for dinner which I didn't touch because it had meat in it and they keep forgetting that small detail about me. But I plan on making a smoothie later and then learning some Arabic and resting up for tomorrow when I plan to take my first run in my new purple shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment